1. About Us
Scott and Company Limited is a privately owned company involved in the marketing and distribution of fast-moving consumer goods and pharmaceutical/para-pharmaceutical products. Scott and Company Limited currently owns and operates the following subsidiary companies: Scott Health Ltd, Grand Baie ForMe Health Ltd, Bagatelle Health Ltd, Beau Vallon Health Ltd, Riverside Health Ltd, Standard Pharmacy Ltd.
Scott and Company Limited and its subsidiaries are duly registered under the laws of Mauritius with their head office situated at Industrial Park 1, Riche Terre. In this document, the term SCOTT refers to Scott and Company Limited and all its current and future subsidiaries.
3. What personal data do we collect?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. The personal information collected and processed by the Company (in paper and electronically) includes:
- Contactdetailssuchasphonenumber iv. Email address
- Site plan
- ID number
- Photos and CCTV recordings
- Medical Health Information
4. Why does SCOTT process your personal data?
- Fulfilling contractual obligations, or
- Our legal duty
In any event, SCOTT is committed to ensuring that the information it collects, and processes is appropriate for the purpose for which it was collected.SCOTT reassures its clients that any disclosure or transfer of personal data to third parties and/or to different countries will only be done if it fits under any of the above purposes.
5. When and for what purpose does SCOTT process your personal data?
|Purpose/Activity||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|Purchase of products from our physical stores, online store, direct sales, service/workshop centre or any other means of purchase||• Performance of a contract (To be able to proceed with the sale and provide you with the service)|
|Loyalty and Promotional Offers||• Performance of a contract (To be able to provide you with your loyalty benefits)• To protect your interest (To contact you prior to the expiry of your loyalty benefits so that you can benefit from same)|
|Repair of products through our service centre/workshop||• Performance of a contract (To be able to proceed with the repair and provide you with the service)|
|Home delivery and in-home repairs||• Performance of a contract (To be able to contact you and to provide you with the services)|
|Transfer of personal data to supplier/service providers within or outside Mauritius||• Necessary for our legitimate interest (for the running of our business, to recover our claims, etc)• Necessary to comply with the contractual terms and conditions imposed by our suppliers/service providers to maintain our position as authorised partners/distributors.•Necessary to store and process information to meet contractual obligations and to ensure the running of the company through various IT systems|
|Follow-up calls to client for a quotation, Follow-up calls to client for a quotation, to conclude a sale/delivery or aftersales service||• Performance of a contract (To collect your feedback on the sale, delivery or repair of your product)|
|To effect payment to an individual supplier To effect payment to an individual supplier through cheques, transfers or any other means of paymentTo follow up and recover money owed to us||• Performance of a contract (To be able to proceed with your payment)• Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us by customers)|
|To administer and protect our business To administer and protect our business (including maintenance of our customer database, accounting records, employee and candidate data, analysis of financial results, external and internal audit requirements and legal obligations)||• Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation exercise)• Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|Taking of photographs of employees||• Necessary for our legitimate interests for workforce administration|
|Recording of CCTV footage for both employees and visitors||• Necessary for our legitimate interest to safeguard property, assets and products and to carry out investigations in circumstances where an incident has occurred.|
6. Marketing Purposes
SCOTT may use your personal data to inform you about relevant products and offers. The personal data we have about you is made up of what you voluntarily gave to us and the data we collect under circumstances mentioned in section 5 above.We can use your personal data to send you marketing correspondences if we have your consent. You may request us to stop sending you such correspondences by notifying the Company in writing at any time.
We may also ask you to confirm or update your personal data and/or your choices (e.g. your preferred channel of communication) in the future.
If you are invited to events organised by SCOTT, photos and videos of you taken during the event may be later used for the purpose of communication in the press, social media and for other promotional activities.
Your invitation or the advertisement of such events will contain a notice to the effect that during such events, you may be photographed/filmed for the purpose mentioned above. You can always contact our Data Protection Officer if you do not wish the company to use your images.
When you connect to our websites, we collect information automatically via cookies and other similar technologies, such as web beacons. Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. They are stored by your internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your use of the internet. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and clickstream data. Your browser sends these cookies back to our website every time you visit it, so it can recognise your computer or mobile device and personalise and enhance your browsing experience.
SCOTT’s websites use different types of cookies for different purposes, namely:
- Technical Cookies: WordPress/Shopify Cookies to monitor WordPress/Shopify sessions for user login.
- Functional Cookies: For storing user cart sessions.
- Analytics Cookies: Google Analytics cookies for website statistics
- Other Third-Party Cookies: Universal Analytics (Google), WordPress, Cloudflare
You can also opt-out or revoke your consent to cookies by blocking same through your browser settings.
8. To whom will the data be disclosed?
Furthermore, SCOTT may share your personal data either with your consent or by operation of law with external third parties within or outside the territory of Mauritius only if doing so fulfils any of the duties and responsibilities as mentioned in section 4 above. They include amongst others:
- service providers based in Mauritius acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services, payroll services, etc.
- service providers based outside Mauritius acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services.
- professional advisers based in Mauritius acting as lawyers, bankers and auditors amongst others.
- the Mauritius Revenue Authority, regulators and other authorities based in Mauritius who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- our suppliers outside Mauritius to fulfil our contractual obligation we have entered into with you.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
9. For how long your personal data is being retained?
SCOTT will keep your personal data for:
- the period required for the purpose for which it is initially collected, or
- the period as may be necessary for SCOTT’s compliance with legal obligations.
10. Acceptance of the use of Personal Data
You acknowledge, understand and agree that SCOTT will, for the purpose of providing its services to you during the usual course of its business operations, collect and where necessary required, process the personal data voluntarily communicated by you.
11. How to withdraw your consent?
You may withdraw your consent as regards to the disclosure and processing of your personal data for any particular purpose(s) at any time. Should you wish to do so, you will need to notify SCOTT in writing.If you withdraw your consent, we will not be able to provide you with certain products or services and you will be informed accordingly.
However, notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, your personal data may still be processed by the Company in the performance of its statutory duties.
12. How do we keep your data secure and confidential?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure with us and with the third parties who act on our behalf. We have several security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your information. All staff working for SCOTT have a legal duty to keep information about you confidential. The Company has strict information security policies and procedures in place to ensure that your information (whether held in paper or electronic format) is safe.
13. What are your legal rights?
You have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer, whose contact details are mentioned below:
- Name: Dolores Mounien
- Office Address: Industrial Park 1, Riche Terre
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request access to your personal data. This includes details of what information we hold about you and a copy of that information. The information will be provided free of charge and, unless there are grounds for extending the statutory deadline, the information will be provided to you within one month of receipt of your request.
- Request rectification of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You may request to delete or remove personal data where:
- there is no good reason for us continuing to process it
- you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see
- you deem the processing of your personal data to be unlawful, or
- we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law.
Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with such a request where it is necessary to keep your information for the purposes of establishing, making or defending legal claims.
- Request objection to the processing of your personal data You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on the ground that it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, SCOTT may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. You have the right to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- Where you deem the processing of your personal data to be unlawful, but you do not want us to erase it.
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- You have objected to our use of your data, but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.The information will be provided free of charge. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may decide subject to our legal obligations, elect to delete your personal data in case we consider that you are making an abuse of your right to have access to your personal data in our possession.You will consequently bear the consequences of such erasure and we shall in no way be liable should we be unable to provide any services and/or comply with our contractual obligations to you following such erasure.
Please note we will generally also ask for confirmation of your identity and may need further information from you in order to locate the information, in which case the time period starts from the date we have that detail. Please note that in some cases we may not be able to comply fully with your request, such as where your request also involves information about someone else and where confidentiality needs to be maintained.
14. Links to other websites of interest
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our website, kindly note that we do not have any control over the other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such websites and which are not governed by our privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the websites in question.
15. Queries and complaints
You have the right to make a complaint relating to SCOTT’s handling of your personal data at any time to the Data Commissioner. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the Commissioner. Kindly contact our Data Protection Officer in the first instance (see contact details at no.13).
16. Modifications and updates
Ownership and Authorisation
By order of the Board of Directors of SCOTT